10 Questions to Ask before Remodeling a Bathroom
Remodeling a bathroom can be a sizeable financial investment in your home. It can also affect your day to day routine if you are living in the house during the remodeling project. If you know what to expect before the project starts, you will be better able to handle the process.
Selecting the Right Contractor for Remodeling a Bathroom
It’s always a good idea to get several bids when you are remodeling a bathroom. Although there are lots of individuals in the remodeling business, it is best to get bids from professionals like Reliant Construction Group. Reliant Construction Group is one of the best bathroom remodelers Nashville has to offer. Our main focus is on bathrooms, and you’ll be happy to know that we do affordable bathroom remodeling. As a professional remodeling contractor, we are committed to your satisfaction and our reputation. Call us at 615-200-6217 to get a free, no-obligation quote on a bathroom remodel for your home.
Comparing Apples to Apples
When you get your bids, be sure you are comparing apples to apples. To be fair to all contractors, you should ask them all the same questions.
Here are 10 questions to ask bathroom remodeling contractors when getting bids:
- How much experience do you have with this type of remodel?
- Do you have previous clients who did a similar remodel that I can talk to?
- Will I receive a detailed bid for the project defining work to be performed and a cost for that work?
- Is there a clearly defined schedule of payments for the project?
- Does the cost include clean up and haul away of old materials? (If not, what is the cost for that?)
- What specific brands of products will be used in the project? (By knowing this you will be able to see if a low-ball bid uses cheaper products that may not be as good.)
- When can you give me a timeline? (When can you start, how long will it take, etc.)
- Who will my contact person be during the project? (Often you may just be talking to a salesperson who is out of the loop once you sign the contract.)
- Who will be my contact person’s supervisor and does the supervisor do site inspections?
- Do you carry General Liability Insurance and Workers Compensation Insurance?